Schuylkill County has 12 public school districts, plus several parochial and charter education choices. Below is a list of schools, links to school rating sites and higher education choices in the region.
- Blue Mountain School District
- Mahanoy Area School District
- Minersville Area School District
- North Schuylkill School District
- Pine Grove Area School District
- Pottsville Area School District
- Saint Clair Area School District
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District
- Shenandoah Valley School District
- Tamaqua Area School District
- Tri-Valley School District
- Williams Valley School District
Diocese of Allentown Schools
- Marian High School
- Nativity B.V.M. High School
- Assumption BVM School
- Saint Ambrose School
- Saint Jerome Regional School
- Saint Joseph Center for Special Learning
- Saint Nicholas School
- Trinity Academy
Private Elementary Schools
- Flat Hill Amish Parochial School
- Frackville Learning Center
- Hegins Valley Mennonite School
- New England Valley Mennonite School
- Overcomer’s Christian Academy
- The Perception Training Center, Inc.
- Gillingham Charter School – Gillingham Charter School offers Kindergarten through 12th grade students a unique tuition-free public education in a small learning environment designed to maximize children’s innate desire to learn and live fully. Their core academic concept is Relational Education, a Charlotte Mason-based methodology.
According to the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce, “The Schuylkill Intermediate Unit #29 – coordinates program and consultative services to the 12 public school districts, as well as operating a Special Education Program. The Intermediate Unit also operates the Schuylkill Technology Centers, which offer a variety of short-term certificate programs for adults.”
Pennsylvania CareerLink has programs that have been developed to assist in job skills training for local workforce demands. This partnership also focuses on career awareness, school drop-out factors and other social and education concerns of the Schuylkill County community. Higher education is available through several facilities.
Penn State Schuylkill combines the benefits of a small-college atmosphere – allowing for more individualized teaching – along with the power and prestige of a major research university. The courses offered at Penn State Schuylkill give students the chance to earn both Bachelor and Associate Degrees. Associate Degrees in Business Administration, Human Development and Family Studies, Letters, Arts & Sciences, and Radiological Sciences (Radiological Technologies). Bachelor Degrees in Administration of Justice, Biology, Business, Corporate Communication, Information Sciences and Technology, Psychology, and RN to B.S. in Nursing. Minors include Biology, Business, Civic and Community Engagement, Criminal Justice, Information Science and Technology, Psychology, Sociology, and Theatre. The campus also offers adult education programs and customized educational services for business and industry.
Alvernia University Schuylkill Center also offers 4-year degrees. Bachelor Degrees in Accounting, Behavioral Health, Criminal Justice Administration, Criminal Justice Administration and Behavioral Health minor, Early Childhood Education (Pre K-4), Finance, Healthcare Science, Liberal Studies, Management, RN to BSN Completion Program. Graduate Degrees and Certification Programs in Dual M. Ed. with Graduate Certification Programs, Graduate Education Certifications, Master in Business Administration, Master in Business Administration Online, Master of Education, and Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility.